Sarcomere Dynamics is looking for an Electrical Engineer that is eager to learn, innovative and capable of tackling new challenging material. You will be involved in the design, development, and testing of various embedded systems. Designing robotic systems causes multiple disciplines to overlap so understanding of mechanical design and system integration will be advantageous. This work will help accelerate the development of the hardware for our new robotic systems.
Responsibilities and Tasks
• PCB design, development, documentation, and testing of new hardware based on initial requirements.
• Part sourcing and selection.
• Version control of schematics and boards developed in KiCAD with GitHub.
• Evaluate and test electrical designs.
• Write, test, and debug functional software in C/C++ for a variety of embedded robotic systems.
• Solve various hardware/firmware related issues and collaborate within the design team.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics Engineering, Integrated Engineering, Engineering Physics or similar.
• Understanding of CAD design (experience using Altium or KiCad).
• Experience programming microcontrollers in C/C++ (experience with Python is a plus).
• Familiar with embedded microcontroller architectures.Interfacing sensors and other boards via communication protocols (like I2C/SPI/CAN/Ethernet/EtherCAT).
• Experience using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and JTAG debuggers.
• Understanding of electrical circuits and schematics (experience with designing and testing electrical circuits for power and logic-based applications is an asset).
• Ability to understand and learn a variety of engineering skills and easily integrate concepts.
• Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]